For the 3rd anniversary of the Fukushima catastrophe, I urge everyone to listen to Voices from Japan, presented by Libbe HaLevy, on the Nuclear Hotseat podcast.
These perspectives are given by:
– Hiroaki Koide, Asst. Professor, Kyoto University Research Reactor Institute
– Taro Yamamoto, actor and member of the Japanese Diet Upper House.
– Midori Kiuchi, popular television and movie actress Kaori Suzuki, Director of the Tarachine Citizens Radiation Monitoring Center
– Ruiko Muto, lead plaintiff of a large group of Fukushima residents who have filed a criminal complaint against TEPCO and the Japanese government.
– Setsuko Kida, nuclear refugee from five miles from Fukushima Daiichi and 2013 Green Party candidate for the Japanese Diet Upper House on an antinuclear platform.
– Seiichi Mizuno is a businessman, former president of Seibu Department Stores, and former member of the Japanese Diet Upper House.
– Kosuke Ito is a former citizen of Minamisoma, Fukushima Prefecture, who helped to start Frontier Minamisoma NPO.
– Laura Inoue of Komoro Homestay Programme for Mothers and Children.
The interviews are available both in Japanese and in English translations.